Friday, February 12, 2010

Touching lives

I continue to be amazed by a little boy with Cerebral Palsy. This morning as he walked (with walker) throughout the hospital on his was to and from his PT session, he touched at least 200 people. When people meet him walking in his walker (with his huge smile), they can't help but smile too. I don't just mean little grins, but HUGE SMILES come from these people. Many people comment. Things like "way to go!", "so adorable", "look at him go".

It's awesome to see. When you think of a little boy with CP who has to use a walker, you might just think that it's a sad thing. But when total strangers see Ben going, they can't help but feel completely uplifted. I think it makes their day. And I hope that they pass that feeling along.

Who know how many lives he touched today?

6 comments:

  1. AMEN Caryanne! I see it with Faith too and it warms my heart greatly! It also fills me with pride. Way to go little man..

    ReplyDelete
  2. He makes me smile too! I think that CP often sounds a lot worse than it feels. If that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Katy. It's such a horrible word and I actually hate to use it to describe my Ben. He's so much more than that. I have many friends who love very far away (we used to live in Bermuda and still haven many friends there and around the world). Most of them have never met Ben. I hate to think of what they must think of him...not knowing how awesome he is...and just knowing that he has CP. I hate to think that they probably "pity" us. There is no reason to pity us. We're very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I got to the 'acceptance stage' of CP, all I wanted to do was show off my daughter...I'm so proud of her. I love the smiles too when she walks her sweet, wobbly walk in the grocery store or anywhere else for that matter. Many comment on her cute glasses too. She stops a lot of people and that is a hug to my heart. I know the feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pride you are showing in this post, and for good reason! What a charmer he is!

    ReplyDelete