Sunday, April 12, 2009

Me

Well. I guess I should start with me. Normally I'd start with my boys, but I want this blog to be about me too. Is that selfish?

I'm 34 (how did that happen?). I live in a small city in Canada about 20 minutes away from the very small town where I grew up (and where my parents still live). I am (mostly) happily married to my husband of 2 1/2 years. I have fraternal twin boys, aged 19 months.

Here are some random things about me:

1. My absolute favourite thing to do is sleep. I would nap every day if I could.

2. I admit it…I now drink instant coffee.

3. I make the best spaghetti sauce on the planet.

4. I have an amazing husband who gets up with the boys every morning at 6am and lets me sleep til 7:30…oh and even has my coffee ready for me when I get downstairs.

5. There is nothing that compares to a glass of good red wine.

6. I am on a diet. To date, I've lost 17 lbs. by doing Weight Watchers. I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. or so.

7. I can't watch CSI when home alone.

8. I have a ridiculous phobia of bugs.

9. I lived in Bermuda for 6 years, 3 of which were the best years of my life so far.

10. My French is good enough to survive in Paris.

11. Salt & Vinegar chips are my absolute favourite snack…always have been…always will be.

12. I love country music.

13. I hate exercise.

14. My last thought every single night is about Ben and his progress (or lack of), his therapies, his future, etc.

15. I spend way too much time on Facebook.

16. In my prior life (i.e. before kids), I was a Chartered Accountant (U.S. equivalent of a CPA).

17. I really don't have any hobbies.

18. I'm way too competitive.

19. I'm a horrible dancer and feel quite self-conscious about it. Red wine and/or vodka help.

20. I stole most of these from my Facebook Note "25 Random Things About Me".

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm so glad I found your site by chance. I'm also a 34 yo SAHM, with twin fraternal boys born at 30 weeks and 2 days. They were born 11/25/08.
    And sleep....is SO my favorite thing, too.

    I can also relate about worrying about one twin....that would be my Ethan. He's doing well, but he's always been behind his brother in terms of size and milestones.

    Your boys are adorable. I'm really glad I found your blog.

    Take care,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine! I'm glad you found it too...and 30 weeks and 2 days is the exact same gestation as my boys.

    Do you have a blog? I love following other blogs by twin mommies.

    Cary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cary!

    The more I read your blog, the more similarities I keep seeing! My husband and I also did quite a bit of traveling before the boys. We were used to doing what we wanted, when we wanted.
    I wouldn't trade the babes for anything, but yeah...it's different alright.

    I don't have a blog as of yet. Something I've thought about doing...some day!

    I will email you my Facebook ID, if you'd like to keep in touch on there.

    Cheers
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete