Well. I guess I should start with me. Normally I'd start with my boys, but I want this blog to be about me too. Is that selfish?
I'm 34 (how did that happen?). I live in a small city in Canada about 20 minutes away from the very small town where I grew up (and where my parents still live). I am (mostly) happily married to my husband of 2 1/2 years. I have fraternal twin boys, aged 19 months.
Here are some random things about me:
1. My absolute favourite thing to do is sleep. I would nap every day if I could.
2. I admit it…I now drink instant coffee.
3. I make the best spaghetti sauce on the planet.
4. I have an amazing husband who gets up with the boys every morning at 6am and lets me sleep til 7:30…oh and even has my coffee ready for me when I get downstairs.
5. There is nothing that compares to a glass of good red wine.
6. I am on a diet. To date, I've lost 17 lbs. by doing Weight Watchers. I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. or so.
7. I can't watch CSI when home alone.
8. I have a ridiculous phobia of bugs.
9. I lived in Bermuda for 6 years, 3 of which were the best years of my life so far.
10. My French is good enough to survive in Paris.
11. Salt & Vinegar chips are my absolute favourite snack…always have been…always will be.
12. I love country music.
13. I hate exercise.
14. My last thought every single night is about Ben and his progress (or lack of), his therapies, his future, etc.
15. I spend way too much time on Facebook.
16. In my prior life (i.e. before kids), I was a Chartered Accountant (U.S. equivalent of a CPA).
17. I really don't have any hobbies.
18. I'm way too competitive.
19. I'm a horrible dancer and feel quite self-conscious about it. Red wine and/or vodka help.
20. I stole most of these from my Facebook Note "25 Random Things About Me".