Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bermuda, Bahama, Come on pretty mama...

I was lucky enough to live on the tiny, beautiful island of Bermuda for 6 years...from 2001 to 2006. Some of those years were the best of my life (so far anyways). I now consider Bermuda to be my other home. I met the most amazing people there. People that I now consider family. Sometimes I think that I found "me" in Bermuda.

We left Bermuda almost 3 years ago. I ache for it. I miss the smell of oleander, the sound of the waves crashing, the balmy evenings, and the tree frogs. I miss pink sand, rum swizzles, rugby season, and riding a scooter. I miss having 4 days off for Cup Match, flying kites on Good Friday, shopping on Front Street, and Happy Hour at the Princess.

I just got back on Thursday from a 5-day holiday back home in Bermuda. My husband and I had so much fun. We felt like our old selves. The couple we were before kids. On our last night, we sat on a bench overlooking Hamilton Harbour and watched the lighthouse go round and round....listening to the tree frogs. We didn't want that night to end. But it did end and we were happy to get back to our other home and go back to being the couple with kids (God...I missed them!).

And now here are some great shots of Bermuda...
















No comments:

Post a Comment