Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hippotherapy Session I

Ben had his first hippotherapy session tonight. I was so proud of him. He did absolutely awesome. Even though he was a bit scared, he was happy to pet Cowboy and RIDE him! The session only lasted for about 20 minutes but that was enough for him. I could tell he was tiring. And I could tell why this is going to be so great for him....especially for his core strength.

Everyone involved was just terrific. There were at least 10 people there making sure that all went well for each rider.

After his session, he just wanted to keep looking at Cowboy (the pony he rode) and then wanted to pet him. Check out this adorable photo of Ben and Cowboy:


Here's Ben on Cowboy with Daddy helping out:




And here's a quick video of Ben riding. He doesn't really smile but he LOVED it!

He really didn't want to leave. He just wanted to keep petting Cowboy. It was great. And we can't wait for next week.

8 comments:

  1. It's an indescribable feeling to watch your kiddo ride, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great to hear, and see! I'm glad he loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOO HOOOOO, Ben! What a doll! Oh I know he must have had so much fun. Nothin' like a good pony! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great! I've been looking at whether anywhere near here does this or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Ben!! He is going to do great! I can't wait for Hailey to go to hippotherapy. What state is this one in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet - we're actually in Canada (New Brunswick)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great. I'll be it helps with his neck strength as well. Charlie struggles when he wears a helmet of any kind.

    I really want to do this with Charlie, but I know it will take some getting used to--he's very cautious about new activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am delighted for you guys! Our hippotherapy "eval" this week was not quite so sucessful. As Katy said, my child is cautious with new situations. Also kinda screamy and squealy. Ben looks like a little man on Cowboy! I am showing this video to Hannah.

    ReplyDelete