Friday, May 13, 2011

Family vacation

As I said in my last (very quick) post, we just had a WONDERFUL family holiday in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. We went to the exact same resort that we went to last year and had even more fun. It was truly the perfect holiday.

Last year, I had a bit of a rough time on this holiday... you can read about that here. But I didn't have ANY of those feelings this year. This year, I just enjoyed it. I enjoyed the kids. I enjoyed their 3-and-a-half-year-oldness. We plan to go again next year and it'll be a completely different holiday again...when they're another whole year older.

I actually met a family there. A girl named Lauren (aged 20) and her parents. Lauren has CP. And instead of being shy and not saying anything, I took the opportunity when it arose to talk to the Mom and then got to talk to Lauren and her dad as well. Lauren's CP is more involved than Ben's. Her arms and legs are all affected. She is very intelligent though (she's a sophomore in college)! It was so great to talk to this family. It was so inspiring!

So here are a few photos of our trip. We can't wait to go again next year.




Ben watching the waves



Sorry Daniel...but Mommy couldn't resist taking this one!



Daniel in the splash pool



Ben wiping the water from his eyes




Daddy and Ben



A rare family photo - on a dolphin cruise



Funny-face time!



Love this one of the boys



We had the boat to ourselves so Ben could crawl around as he liked




Daniel - What a natural!




Ben loved waving at the other boats we saw




Cuties



We had lots of fun in the pool




One last family photo - our last night there


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip! I just read last year's post and it has me thinking about the trip to Mexico we are taking in October. N will by no doubt be walking by then, but A may not even be sitting. What will we do with him on the beach, at the pool, etc? Has me a bit stressed to be honest. Not that I am glad you went through those feelings, but at least I know others can relate.

    ReplyDelete