Friday, April 17, 2009

Counteracting the jealousy

So. I've been thinking about my "Jealousy" post from a few days ago. While it is true that I am jealous of all those things and many others, I am truly grateful to be Ben's mommy.

Someone once asked me if I thought life was unfair. And no, I don't. We are truly the lucky ones who get to "have" Ben. He is a very special boy and we are blessed to have him in our family. I try to think that this is how Ben IS. I try not to think about how Ben SHOULD be. He is who he is and he is awesome for it.

Most of you have probably already read the "Welcome to Holland" poem. But I want to reference it here for those who haven't. It helps when those feelings of jealousy, envy, pity, etc. try to take over.

2 comments:

  1. Yes- that is very very true. We went through 3 IVFs to have our twins and I am thankful every day that they are here and I am their Mom.

    I think, for me, I'm having difficulty navigating both Holland and Italy and the same time!

    Your boys are adorable!! Glad to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...have to agree...navigating both Italy and Holland at the same time is difficult! I hadn't even thought about it that way.

    ReplyDelete