Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jealousy

I really need to get this jealousy thing under control. Here are some recent examples:

I'm jealous of my neighbour who has 6 year old twin boys that she WALKS to school every morning.

I'm jealous of all the other twin moms in my local multiples group who gave birth to their twins much later than I did and consequently have "normal" twins who run and jump.

I'm jealous of people who don't know what CP is.

I'm jealous of the mommy I met last weekend who was taking her 2 year old out for a walk without a stroller.

I could go on and on.

I try to keep this jealousy thing in check mainly by convincing myself that we all have "our lot in life" and mine just happens to be that my son has CP.

I try to tell myself that it could be much, much worse. And most of the time that works...most of the time.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, it can be easy to get a little jealous every now and then, especially seeing other kids the same age doing things. Just hang in there and focus on the positive things Ben is doing! I'm so glad you started this blog so I can kind of "keep up with" someone who is facing similar challenges as me everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I can hardly participate in the triplets group...it makes me too sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of those things too. I really struggle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - Thanks! I do mostly try to see the positives, but somedays that's hard to do.

    Jacolyn - It's nice to see you. I follow your blog regularly and love to see how your triplets are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely with you on this one. There are days where these feelings really hit you hard whether you want them to or not. From experience, I can tell you it does get easier with time. However, these feelings always resurface here and there. It's inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes. I hear you loud and clear. I could have written this post myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so get that!

    In fact I was just reading your most recent post and looking at the picks and I was a bit jealous...our twins are nearly the same age (mine were 33 weekers born 12-30-07) and my Sethie hasn't even mastered rolling over yet!

    Everytime that feeling strikes I try to think about the mom out there that wishes she had it as good as me...humbling.

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog...I keep hearing how many twins are like ours, one with CP, but you are the first I've ever "met".

    Trish

    ReplyDelete