Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive...

Daniel "missing" me

Hi all. Yes, I'm still here. And I've been checking out all your blogs but just haven't managed to update mine lately. I spent most of the last month traveling. Although technically I'm a SAHM...that isn't so true for the month of October. I spent 5 days in Toronto earlier in the month and then 17 days in Montreal. And during those days, I work a 10 to 12-hour day every day, including weekends. And then of course we have to have some fun...so we also go out to eat and socialize most nights. Needless to say, that doesn't leave much time for blogging.

I got back on Saturday just in time for Halloween. Clarence met me at the airport with boys in tow...in their costumes...Ben was Elmo and Daniel was Cookie Monster. They were totally adorable. It took them a few minutes to get comfortable with me again but were soon back to their old selves. We didn't actually go out trick-or-treating this year since I only got home at 4:30pm and was totally exhausted but they had a great time anyways. They were in their halloween jammies and loved running to the door everytime the doorbell rang. And Daniel would even say "Trick or Treat"...it didn't sound exactly like that but you get the picture.

Other than that, we've just been taking it easy this week. The one thing that I really noticed when I got back was how much their language has taken off. It's amazing. They repeat just about everything you say and are starting to put two words together. And they talk ALL THE TIME! They never stop.

And I would say that they are starting to learn how to share in their own little "twin way". It usually goes something like this. Ben has a toy that Daniel wants. Daniel then runs to the next closest toy and takes it to Ben while yelling "trade, trade, trade". I'd say over half the time Ben is up for the trade and will let Daniel have the toy that he so desperately wants. If Ben doesn't agree, then Daniel just keeps getting more toys until he finally agrees. I've never seen anything like it.





5 comments:

  1. They are adorable!

    Welcome back!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi CaryAnne,
    Nice to meet you! Your boys are so cute! What babydolls! I hope that you have time to enter my Miracle Veteran contest. I am especially partial to stories of children with Cp, as that is Faith's primary dx. I can't wait to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Charlie loves Cookie Monster's song. He's not that interested in Elmo--I must admit I"m a little relieved. Elmo's voice is a lot to take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your back around! They are so cute in their costumes!

    ReplyDelete