Friday, December 30, 2011

Blogging rocks!

My favorite thing about blogging is the people I " meet". Usually I meet other moms with special kids and that totally rocks. But you know what rocks even more? Getting an out-of-the-blue email from a teenager with CP. This email was so uplifting that I wanted to share it with all of you. Enjoy! Hello! I just happened to come across your blog and I thought I'd send you a quick email. I'm a 17 year old with mild/moderate spastic diplegia CP. I am the only girl of B/B/G triplets, and we were born at 27 weeks, but my brothers do not have a disability. I had heelcord lengthening surgery at 2 and a half which enabled me to walk independently for the most part, although I did use forearm crutches for 2 years after I fell and broke my femur several years ago. While I don't play sports at school, I work with a personal trainer once a week at the gym to maintain strength and flexibility. Instead of playing a sport, I decided to take piano lessons many years ago, and that has been a hobby that I have really enjoyed, especially because my upper body is mostly unaffected by CP, so it's not a huge challenge for me. I have many wonderful friends, I get all A's, and I am looking forward to attending college in the fall! CP is tough to deal with sometimes, but I try not to let it hold me back.  I just thought that maybe I could be a resource for you if you have any questions about what Ben's life might be like in the future. If you don't feel like corresponding with me, that is completely fine, but I just wanted to extend the offer! :-)

2 comments: