Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hope...and fear (cross-post)

At the halfway point of Ben's rehab here at Shriner's, more and more hope is starting to seep into my heart and soul. I see how Ben steps now and how he stands now and I can't help but feel real hope that these things are going to translate into independent standing and independent steps. I find myself laying in bed at night dreaming of what Ben's future might look like. There seems to be a fight between hope and fear. Hope about what may be...and fear of letting myself get my hopes too high. It is my continuing struggle.

And then I came across this video (again) of another Ben (thanks to Andi at Bringing the Sunshine). A Ben who runs. I dare you to watch it and not cry. I really don't think it's possible to not cry when his friends come back to run with him. And then, when he falls...well, the tears are in full force by then.

1 comment: