Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shriner's - Weekend 2 (cross-post)

(Sorry this post is a bit late...but for some reason, I couldn't get it to post from BlogPress via my iPad.)

Am I ever grateful that this past weekend was the only weekend that I had to spend at Shriner's alone with Ben! For most of the weekend, Ben was the only patient. So we were extremely bored. Extremely. And a bit homesick. Especially after doing FaceTime with Clarence and Daniel. Although it's great to see them and talk to them, it just seems to make us miss home even more. Daniel got a new train track and of course, had to show it to Ben. Ben just loved watching Daniel play with the new track.


But. We managed and now it's over with. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see Monday arrive.
We filled the weekend with lots of videos, lots of Cut the Rope, story books, bike rides, and just plain silliness.
Now we look forward to Grammie arriving tomorrow and Daddy and Daniel arriving on Friday. Unfortunately, we are getting a roommate today. Ugh. I'm not sure for how long, but I expect they will be gone by the weekend. I lost my nice, comfy hospital bed, but spoke up and managed to get my hands on one of the few cots so I don't have to sleep in one of those horrible fold-out chairs.

Actually, if I'm lucky I won't have to sleep in it all that much as mom will be the one staying with Ben on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. And I get to go to a hotel for a few nights.

Ben is in the playroom now with another great volunteer named Eric. Eric knows ALL about dinosaurs and Ben is having a great time. I just went down to swap him from his stander to his wheelchair and they were looking at a globe. Ben was showing him where our home town is. It was quite cute.

Today we start week 3. I am so excited to see what Ben does this week!


1 comment:

  1. HI CARY, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SO AWEFUL FOR YOU AND BEN ALONE THERE.. I KNOW IF IT WAS ME I WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY BORED AS WELL BUT WHY WOULD YOU TWO BE THE ONLY ONES..(UNLESS I READ IT WRONG)

    GLAD YOU GOT THROUGH IT.. I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR BREAK AWAY FROM THE HOSPITAL.. YOU ARE RESOURCEFUL I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING TO DO!

    MELISSA

    ReplyDelete